Welcome in Decorah

A wedding resource for ALL couples.



Any justice of the peace or recognized faith leader (from any state) can perform your wedding.  Court magistrates will perform your ceremony at the Courthouse for no charge during normal court hours. You may arrange for them to perform your ceremony off-site or during non-court hours for a nominal fee.

For more details and specific information, contact the Winneshiek County Court Recorder's office at 563-382-3486.

We maintain a list of officiants from a variety of backgrounds who look forward to performing wedding ceremonies for gay or lesbian couples. E-mail us at info@welcomeindecorah.com.